Thursday 21 June 2012

Greek Frappes

The Greek Frappe is the King of iced coffees. 



My favourite of Athenian street foods; well, at least the least fattening, which is probably not a good criteria for favourite.  You'll find this delightful treat on every corner, in every cafe in Athens.  And, and it's surprisingly simple.

Summer frappe-making is a tradition around my household and every year it's a surprise for the wife to see me carting around a can of Nescafe and not a bag of delicious fair trade coffee from Toi Moi & Cafe.

Frappes


2 tsps Nescafe
2 tsps Sugar (or to taste)
3-4 tbsps Water

Froth with a hand blender, whisk, or shaker until thick.  I prefer the blender, but I'm lazy.  Add crushed ice.  Add fresh cold water or evaporated milk poured down through the middle, which will settle at the bottom and grow in deliciousness as the foam melts into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment